[DRBD-user] Warning: Data Corruption Issue Discovered in DRBD 8.4 and 9.0

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 00:18:16 CEST 2017

Hi Eric & Lars,
> Well, damn. As the program was supposedly reviewed by Samsung engineers as part of their efforts to diagnose the root cause of TRIM errors, it never occurred to me that it was that buggy. I can't thank you enough for finding that! The rollout of some new DRBD clusters has been on hold for 2+ months while we've been trying to track this down.

Eric, thanks for the time you took to demonstrate and reproduce an issue
you thought you found. These things happen. Samsung engineers are people
too :-) although it seems they overlooked a rather elementary problem.

Any many many thanks to Lars for taking the time to review this issue,
finding the cause and putting our minds to rest.

kind regards,
Jan