[DRBD-user] Some info

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:14:58 CEST 2017

So, let's assume a raid -> drbd -> lvm

starting with a single RAID1, what If I would like to add a second
raid1 converting the existing one to a RAID10 ? drbdadm resize would
be enoguh ?

keeping lvm as the upper layer would be best, I think, because will
allow me to create logical volumes, snapshot and so on.

what happens if local raid totally fails ? the upper layer will stay
up thanks to DRBD fetching data from the other node ?

is "raid -> drbd -> lvm" a standard configuration or something bad? I
don't want to put in production something "custom" and not supported.

How to prevent splitbrains ? Would be enough to bond the cluster
network ? Any qdevice or fencing to configure ?