[DRBD-user] Manage nodes allocation policy

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Tue Oct 3 14:50:18 CEST 2017

On 10/02/2017 06:20 PM, Julien Escario wrote:
> Hello,
> In the doc, I can read : "In this case drbdmanage chooses 3 nodes that fit all
> requirements best, which is by default the set of nodes with the most free space
> in the drbdpool volume group."
>
> Is there a way to change this 'default mode' ? For example, with 2 sites, asking
> to have *at least* a copy on each site ?
>
> Best regards,
> Julien Escario

Technically yes, practically, for most users right now, no.

The deployment policy is contained in an exchangable object class, which
can be configured in the drbdmanage configuration. The corresponding
configuration line is:
deployer-plugin = drbdmanage.deployers.BalancedDeployer
It is technically possible to load another deployer object that contains
different deployment logic, however, no alternative plugins exist so far.
The interface of those plugins also does not carry information about a
node's site associations.

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+