[DRBD-user] drbdmanage quorum control

Jason Fitzpatrick jayfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:12:27 CEST 2017

Hi all

I am trying to get my head around the quorum-control features within drbdmanage,

I have deliberately crashed my cluster, and spun up one node, and as
expected I am unable to get drbdmanage to start due to the lack of
quorum,,

I was under the impression that I should have been able to override
the quorum state and get the drbdmanaged process online using DBUS /
manually calling the service, but am drawing a blank..

for the sake of this example it is a 2 node cluster node1 is online
and node2 is still powered off,

[root at node1]# drbdmanage quorum-control --override ignore node2
Modifying quorum state of node 'node2':
Waiting for server: ...............
Error: Startup not successful (no quorum? not *both* nodes up in a 2
node cluster?)
Error: Startup not successful (no quorum? not *both* nodes up in a 2
node cluster?)

Any advice?

Thanks

Jay

--

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint
has a past while every sinner has a future. "