[DRBD-user] Cancelling pending actions

Martyn Spencer msdreg_linbit at microdata.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 12:37:32 CEST 2017

I am testing a three node DRBD 9.0.9 setup using packages I built for
CentOS7. I am using the latest drbdmanage and drbd-utils versions. If I
lose the data on the resources, it is fine (I am only testing) but I was
wanting to learn how to manage (if possible) the mess that I have just
caused :)

Two nodes were working fine; let's call them node1 and node2.

When I attempted to add node3, without storage, it failed. This is
something I will worry about later.

I managed to put node1 into a state where it had pending actions that I
could not remove, so decided to remove the node and then re-add it.
Rather naively I did not check and the DRBD resources were all
role:primary on node1. Now node1 is in a state "pending: remove" and I
cannot in any way seem to add it back to the cluster. If I use
list-assignments, I can see that the resources all have pending actions
"decommission" against node1. I am quite clear that DRBD is doing
exactly what I asked it to do, and it also looks as though it is
protecting me from my own mistakes somewhat (since the underyling DRBD
resources appear to be OK).

I would like to ensure that the data that is in the resources on node1
is synchronised with node2 before doing anything else. At present, all
the node1 resources are showing as "UpToDate" and "connecting" and the
node2 resources are showing as "Outdated" and they are not attempting to
reconnect to node1.

Is there a way to force them to connect to node1 to resynchronise before
I continue?

Many thanks,

Martyn Spencer