[DRBD-user] RES: Data Block Changes replication with 5 servers

Mon Nov 13 14:09:14 CET 2017

On 13/11/17 21:59, fernandocmachado at yahoo.com.br wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>
> Thank you for replying me on this matter.
>
> I was trying to use 8.4, but since it didn’t work, I tried with 9.0,
> but no sucess also.
>
> I want only 1 copy of the data blocks for each server to backup
> server. I was figuring out this model, but I couldn’t apply it:
>
> Server 1: sdb1 – 1TB
>
> Server 2: sdc1 – 1TB
>
> Server 3: sdd1 – 1TB
>
> Server 4: sde1 – 1TB
>
> Server 5 (backup for the 4 servers) 4 disks:
>
> Sdb1 – 1TB
>
> Sdc1 – 1TB
>
> Sdd1 – 1TB
>
> Sde1 – 1TB
>
> I was not able to configure as this, because I don’t the knowledge to
> do it. I got only 1 to 1, but I need 4 to 1.

You have a choice to use either 8.4 or 9.0, given that either will work
based on your above requirements. However, do you really have a sde1 in
Server4 ? Are you sure this isn't sda1 or sdb1? How many drives do you
have in each of the 4 servers?
You can have:
Server1 sdb1 sync with Server5 sdb1
Server2 sdb1 sync with Server5 sdc1
Server3 sdb1 sync with Server5 sdd1
Server4 sdb1 sync with Server5 sde1

ie, the disk device name does not need to match.

Please follow the excellent documentation on how to install and
configure DRBD. Start with just server1 and server5. If you get stuck,
then post your configs, and a complete description of your servers (OS,
versions, hardware, etc), as well as any log files that are relevant.
Then we might be able to assist you further. However, please take the
time to read and understand the documentation, it will help you now, and
will definitely help you in the future when something goes wrong.

Alternatively, contact linbit and buy a support contract, their help is
awesome, and having an expert available when something goes wrong is
very helpful (PS, just a happy customer, I don't get paid from linbit).

Regards,
Adam