[DRBD-user] Dual-Primary DRBD node fenced after other node reboots UP

Igor Cicimov igorc at encompasscorporation.com
Wed May 24 02:04:42 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Raman Gupta <ramangupta16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > *why*
>
> > DRBD would not do that by itself,
> > so likely pacemaker decided to do that,
> > and you have to figure out *why*.
> > Pacemaker will have logged the reasons somewhere.
>
> The crm-fence-peer.sh script could not find the status of peer node (which
> went down) and assumed its status was "unknown" and thus placed a
> constraint on DRBD with -INFINITY score which essentially demotes and stops
> DRBD. The demotion failed because GFS2 was already mounted. This failure
> was construed as error by Pacemaker and it scheduled stonith for itself
> when the down node was back.
>
> > "crm-fence-peer.sh" assumes that the result of "uname -n"
> > is the local nodes "pacemaker node name".
> Yes.
>
> > If "uname -n" and "crm_node -n" do not return the same thing for you,
> > the defaults will not work for you.
>
> For my network the replication network (and its hostname) is different
> from client facing network (and its hostname):
> [root at server7]# uname -n
> server7
> [root at server7]# crm_node -n
> server7ha
>
> However things seems to be working with these settings.
>

> >Then in addition to all your other trouble,
> > you have missing dependency constraints.
>
> The proper integration of DRBD+GFS2+DLM+CLVM resources into Pacemaker was
> the issue.

Which is the very thing pointed in my answer to your previous thread,
http://marc.info/?l=drbd-user&m=149040000721736&w=2, the *proper
integration*.There is no compromise regarding this it *ALL* has to be
managed by pacemaker not just parts of this and that like in your case and
started/stopped/collocated in proper order by pacemaker. Period.

--
Igor Cicimov | DevOps

p. +61 (0) 433 078 728
e. igorc at encompasscorporation.com <http://encompasscorporation.com/>