[DRBD-user] Different Disktypes in different disk pools

Den drbdsys at made.net
Sat May 20 11:28:14 CEST 2017

Il 19/05/2017 13:44, Alexander Sobottka ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> we are using at the moment 2 Proxmox VE 4.4 Machines with a third node
> as quorumhost.
>
> The shared storage is realised with 2 nodes and the quorumhost works as
> a satellite.
>
> The two storagenodes are containing SSD-Disks and SATA-Disks and i
> wouldt like to use both disktypes.
>
> Is it possible to configure DRBD9 with drbdmanage in a way that i can
> dictate drbdmanage i.e. the VM-100 uses the SSD-Space and an other one
> uses the SATA-Space?

Hello,

If you use drbd over lvm (thick), I think it's possible with pvmove.

Assume sdb is hdd and sdc is ssd, all in the drbd volume group.
When you create a VM with proxmox, you can move the logical
volume (vm-100-disk-1 for example) for every cluster node with:

pvmove -n vm-100-disk-1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1