[DRBD-user] fence (unfence really) versus corosync (slow startup)

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Wed May 10 10:15:22 CEST 2017

On Wed, 10 May 2017 10:01:52 +0200 Robert Altnoeder wrote:

> On 05/10/2017 04:43 AM, Christian Balzer wrote:
> >> Have Pacemaker start DRBD, then the CIB will be available for unfence.
> >>
> > Easier said than done, as Debian only supplies the LSB init script, which
> > a "systemctl disable" will NOT disable.
> > For now brutal "exit 0" solves that, bug report to Debian in progress...
> Since it's not required anyway, because Pacemaker will start and stop
> DRBD using its own resource agent:
Since that needs to be selectable (if DRBD is not used with Pacemaker), a
proper solution is needed.

> Sysadmin's bag of tricks says,
> rm /etc/rcX.d/drbd
That's being done by both the "systemctl disable" and/or update-rc.d,
insserv, etc.

Alas the the systemd-sysv component will pick up anything in /etc/init.d/
regardless of rc levels/links.

>   and maybe
> rm /etc/init.d/drbd

In a way even worse than the "exit 0" at the start of the init-script,
because any upgrade will replace that for sure instead of (at least
potentially) asking about the changes and if to keep things as they are.

> (or whatever the script and its symlinks are called)
>
> Checking for DRBD being started upon system boot should probably also go
> on the system update SOP just in case that any update reinstalls or
> otherwise reenables the automatic start of DRBD.

Thus the proper solution would entail a real systemd unit file (so
disable actually works) or another means of blacklisting init.d files for
the systemd-sysv component (which other bits might need, so removing
that isn't a good option either).

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/