[DRBD-user] DRBD 9 on pve: failure creating new container

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:26:12 CET 2017

> ======
> mke2fs 1.42.12 (29-Aug-2014)
> The file /dev/drbd/by-res/vm-130-disk-1/0 does not exist and no size was
> specified.

In my case I get 'Cannot notify leader' when creating a container on a
target which is not in Primary (drbdctrl control node) mode.
So, whenever I need to create a container, I first switch to shell and I
run drbd-overview, make a note of which node is  in Primary mode for drbd
control volume and finally on create a new CT wizard on PVE I select that
node as a target.

Hope this helps..