[DRBD-user] Howto correctly grow?

Frank Rust f.rust at tu-braunschweig.de
Mon Mar 13 09:31:33 CET 2017

I tried to grow a resource on a drbd9 managed cluster.
I have a system with 2 control nodes and 2 satellite nodes.
On the primary control node I did

    drbdmanage resize backups 0 1024G

after a while I saw it synced completely. Now I have the problem:

lvs shows me on both control nodes

# lvs
  LV               VG       Attr       LSize  Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  .drbdctrl_0      drbdpool -wi-ao----  4.00m
  .drbdctrl_1      drbdpool -wi-ao----  4.00m
  backups_00       drbdpool -wi-ao----  1.00t

but in drbdmanage I still get

# drbdmanage list-volumes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name          | Vol ID |     Size | Minor |                                                        | State |
| backups       |      0 | 9.31 GiB |   110 |                                                        |    ok |

Also the filesystem/partition table is not resizable:

# gdisk /dev/drbd/by-res/backups/0
GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 0.8.10

Command (? for help): p
Disk /dev/drbd/by-res/backups/0: 19531250 sectors, 9.3 GiB

So what do I have to do to realise the new size??

Best regards,
Frank