[DRBD-user] Proxmox VE 4.x DRBD 9 plugin - how is it supposed to work?

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Thu Mar 2 21:25:29 CET 2017

Il 01 marzo 2017 23:13:38 CET, "Sean M. Pappalardo" <spappalardo at renegadetech.com> ha scritto:

>saw it
>I was just looking for more on what you meant by "reasonably well."
>
>Did that mean "live migration works sometimes, but when it fails, the
>VM

I am running a small pve 4 cluster (3 nodes) with drbd9 since 1 year or so. Never had a single live migration failed. My vm are not wite intensive, anyway.

>just stays where it is" or more like "sometimes live migration fails
>and
>you get split-brain or lose the contents of the DRBD resource when it
>does"?

Never had this problems, only occasional out-of-sync upon  reboot on the third node, which is there only for quorum and data redundance (no vms on it, and no battery backup controller). Resolved manually, disconnecting and reconnecting the resource in various ways.

I would not recommend anyway to run it in production, due to current instability of drbdmange tool behaviour .

rob