[DRBD-user] Confusion about DRBD 9

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Jul 11 23:19:54 CEST 2017

Longtime v. 8 user here. First time doing v. 9. I followed all the directions in the DRBD v 9 user guide and all my drbdmanage commands completed successfully. I have 2 nodes, 2 resources, 2 volumes. BUT, I don't seem to have a working cluster yet. The guide does not say how to start the first sync.

Questions:

1.       When you use drbdmanage to configure a cluster, does it create configuration files somewhere? I don't see my resources mentioned in the files under /etc/drbd.d or /var/lib/drbd.d.

2.       When I run drbdmanage modify-config all I see is a file with all lines commented out.

3.       drbdmanage -list-assignments shows failed or pending actions.

4.       What's the point of using drbdmanage if I'm going to have to do the old-style manual configuration anyway?

What am I missing? Here is the output of some relevant commands:

ha11b:/etc/drbd.d # drbdmanage list-nodes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name  | Pool Size | Pool Free |                                                                    | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| ha11a |   2293760 |   1387564 |                                                                    |    ok |
| ha11b |   2293760 |   2293752 |                                                                    |    ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
ha11b:/etc/drbd.d # drbdmanage list-resources
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name       |                                                                                       | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| ha01_mysql |                                                                                       |    ok |
| ha02_mysql |                                                                                       |    ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
ha11b:/etc/drbd.d # drbdmanage list-volumes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name       | Vol ID |   Size | Minor |                                                             | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| ha01_mysql |      0 | 905990 |   100 |                                                             |    ok |
| ha02_mysql |      0 | 905990 |   101 |                                                             |    ok |
ha11b:/etc/drbd.d # drbdmanage list-assignments
| Node  | Resource   | Vol ID |                                    |                                   State |
| ha11a | ha01_mysql |      * |                                    | FAILED(3), pending actions: reconfigure |
| ha11b | ha02_mysql |      * |                                    | FAILED(2), pending actions: reconfigure |

--
Eric Robinson