[DRBD-user] drbd9 replace node

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Mon Jan 30 21:12:59 CET 2017

Hi,

testing DRBD9, I set up a three-node-cluster, with my resource mirrored on all three of them.
Then I simulated hardware failure by taking out one of the nodes.
The replacement would be another server which is already doing DRBD (for other resources).
So,  name and IP address (and node-id) cannot be set to the ones of the failed hardware (easily).

I did not get this to work except by the procedure I found previously for the expansion of 3->4 nodes: dump metadata, edit the dump to add a slot,
reload the metadata.

Is there any other way to convince DRBD to accept a new peer?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Roth
Department: HPC
Location: SB3 1.262
Phone: +49-6159-71 1453  Fax: +49-6159-71 2986

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1
64291 Darmstadt
www.gsi.de

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschäftsführung: Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino
Ursula Weyrich
Jörg Blaurock

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: St Dr. Georg Schütte
Stellvertreter: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Rolf Bernhardt