[DRBD-user] DRBD for the upgraded kernal

Trevor Hemsley themsley at voiceflex.com
Thu Jan 19 14:27:05 CET 2017

On 19/01/17 12:55, pillai bs wrote:

> Hello Experts!
>

> Am having cluster in below setup
>
> CentOS: 6.3
>
> Kernal : 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64
>
> Installed drbd rpms:
>
>  1. drbd-kmdl-2.6.32-279.el6-8.3.11-31.el6.x86_64
>  2. drbd-8.3.11-31.el6.x86_64
>
> The setup was in good shape. Now i have a requirement to upgrade the
> *kernal "2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.x86_64".
> *
>
> 1. Does**the above drbd version will support for this upgraded kernal
> as well?
>
> if NO, from where can i get the supported drbd rpms for this upgraded
> kernal version.
>
> if Yes, what are all the dependent libraries to get updated. Please
> advise.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Madhan.

You don't want to run either of those kernels. Both have high severity
security vulnerabilities present and unfixed. You need to be using
CentOS 6.8 and the latest kernel which was released last week -
kernel-2.6.32-642.13.1.el6. You should be updating your entire system to
6.8 as there are numerous other high severity security vulnerabilities
present in all versions prior to 6.8.

You can find kmod-drbd84 packages in the ELRepo repository (actually
there are drbd84 8.4.9 packages in elrepo-testing). DRBD 8.3 has been
EOL for some years now and 8.4 is current in the 8.x series. ELRepo also
has kmod-drbd83 (8.3.16) packages available but since 8.3 is EOL and you
have to update anyway, it's probably better to skip and go straight to 8.4.

Trevor