[DRBD-user] Does the drbd kernel module build against the RHEL7/CentOS7 RT kernel?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Jan 18 23:31:25 CET 2017

On 01/18/2017 02:04 AM, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:48:08AM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're currently trying to build the out-of-tree drbd 8.4.7-1 kernel module
>> against a CentOS 7 rt-kernel, and it's giving us grief.  Does anyone know if
>> more recent drbd versions build properly against the RHEL/CentOS RT kernel?
>
> I don't see a reason why it should not.
>
> A first step would be to tell us *what* you did and *how* it failed,
> otherwise it is just reading /dev/crystalball.

As a starting point, in drbd-8.4.7-1 the drbd-kernel.spec file lists a
BuildRequires of "%kernel_module_package_buildreqs", which ultimately seems to
evaluate to "kernel-devel".

However, the kernel-rt-3.10.0-514.rt56.420.el7 package provides
"kernel-rt-devel" and does not provide "kernel-devel".

For what it's worth, I think we've got it building now with a custom spec file.

Chris