[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jan 4 09:32:39 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 10:38:38AM +0000, Enrica Ruedin wrote:
> I can't understand Linbit to change license in such a way that PVE
> Proxmox has to remove their support completely. This unnecessary
> change leads to confusion.

But you do understand that we also eat and like to have a roof over our
heads? Hey, the Aparthotel Guggach Hotel from which domain you wrote
looks nice, that could solve one problem! ;-)

In the end the license - and sure IANAL - is a "do whatever you like,
but don't interfere with LINBIT's support business". IMO that's it. This
was not a move against Proxmox at all, there are other vendors not
playing nice... Just writing that because on the ML I have the
impression that there is some kind of "Proxmox vs. LINBIT". It isn't.

For the "has to remove [...] completely": Puh, dangerous territory to
comment on, but that was the decision of Proxmox. They have all the
right to do that! No blaming, no nothing. There are other
projects/companies that took another road and still ship, integrate, or
use drbdmanage with the current license.

Regards, rck