[DRBD-user] DRBD and ZFS

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:44:28 CET 2017

On 26 Feb 2017 10:58 pm, "Gandalf Corvotempesta" <
gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> what about putting DRBD over ZVOL ?

If possible, I have no issue in doing this.
Anyone using DRBD over ZFS ?

Drbd over zfs is most common user case. Nothing special here you just
benefit from compression and snapshot of the underlying zfs layer.

With zfs over drbd you need to think about resource failover ie the zfs
resource needs to be exported from one node and imported to the other one ,
something that pacemaker can handle for you for example. You also can't
have dual primary in this case, you can't have zfs pool imported on two
servers in same time.