[DRBD-user] Issues with a DRBD9 two node setup

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Feb 17 14:13:08 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:58:02AM +0000, Gerwim Feiken wrote:
> TLDR: drbdmanage completely breaks while drbdadm commands still work
> (including mounting LVs) when one of the two nodes is down.

Hi,

sure, drbdadm commands still work, why shouldn't they, they are lowlevel
tools.

In your case (2 nodes cluster), drbdmanage is supposed to "break" when
the second node is not there. You basically have these choices:

- 1 node (okay, a bit lame)
- 2 nodes and *both* are available. Otherwise it does not finish with
  leader election to avoid split brains.
- >2 and you have a majority

Regards, rck