[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Fri Feb 17 11:30:03 CET 2017

Il 17/02/2017 09:51, Roland Kammerer ha scritto:
>> does not fixes the situation anymore, the "start" part failing most of
>> times.
> Hi,
>
> yes, there was a regression. Hopefully 0.99.2 fixed that.

Thanks, I've updated to 0.99.2 now in repo; much better, most resources
are up at startup.

drbdmanage restart keeps failing (sometimes shutdown, wait, startup
succeeds) :

# drbdmanage restart
You are going to shut down the drbdmanaged server process on this node.
Please confirm:
  yes/no: yes
Attempting to startup the server through D-Bus activation...
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.7:/interface:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did
not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
D-Bus connection successful, server is running and reachable

>> The only way to recover I found is  to issue a
>>
>> drbdmanage export-res "*"
>>
>> and issuing manually a
>>
>> drbdadm up <resource>
>>
>> for every <resource>
> You could have done "drbdadm up all" in that case.

Tried, but it was failing leaving disks in "Diskless" state. (may be
because the command finds .drbdctrl already up, giving an exception?)

It would be handy to have something like a wildcard support:

 drbdadm up vm-*

I implemented somewhat similar behaviour (provide a list of res to bring
up/down, defaulting to all but .drbdctrl) in a custom script.

bye,
rob