[DRBD-user] Resize external metadata?

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Wed Feb 15 13:30:04 CET 2017

On 02/15/2017 01:22 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:07:17AM +0000, Owen Dunn wrote:
>> [...]
>> By my calculations the external metadata is too small
>> (by either the exact or approximate formulae in the docs) for the data block
>> device.
>> [...]
>>
>> Can I now just lvextend the external metadata LV to allow me to drbdadm
>> resize the resource to its full size?
> That is how it is supposed to work, yes.
>
>     Lars
Also, is this about DRBD 8.x or DRBD9 aka DRBD SDS?

For DRBD 8.x:
- What's the size of the data device in kiB (or rounded up to MiB)?
- What's the size of the activity log stripe size (or is it set to the
default of 32 kiB)?
- How many activity log stripes are configured (or the default of 1)?

For DRBD9:
- How many nodes should be allowed to replicate this resource?

Cheers,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+