[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.10rc1 & drbd-utils-9.2.0rc1

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Dec 14 12:00:09 CET 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:54:40AM +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Il 05/12/2017 14:29, Philipp Reisner ha scritto:
> > Please help testing the release candidate.
>
> I would like to help testing; could someone point me to building
> instructions? I found a section[1] 4.3 in the User Guide for drbd8, but
> none for drbd9  .

The easiest way to help with testing is to spin up some Ubuntu LTS VMs
and add the PPA[1]. The PPA contains rc releases.

That said, wait, maybe till tomorrow, there will be rc2s for utils (no
functional changes, just some additional stuff I would like to get in
like drbdmon updated, Japanese man-pages,...), but also a rc2 for drbd9
which will be important.

PS: If you really want to build from source, use the tarballs and the
usual ./configure && make && sudo make install for userspace and for
kernel space install the headers and make && sudo make install. If you
use git, we expect you to know what you do. We don't document the build
in the users-guide anymore, because for tarballs it is obvious, for git
users (== developers) we expect them to know what they do, and packaging
is too horrible to maintain (it is slightly different for every
distribution, even differs for minor releases, especially looking at the
*beep* rpm based distris that can be so broken that we need to patch
their broken macros some times). No fun to maintain that in the
users-guide and providing packages is part of LINBIT's business anyways.

Thanks for your efforts, rck

[1] https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack