[DRBD-user] Host with multiple ip addresses

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Tue Apr 4 15:08:28 CEST 2017

On 04/04/2017 02:48 PM, Frank Rust wrote:
> That’s what I tried, but what is not working, because the drbdmanage software detects its own name by doing os.uname().
> And that reports the name from /etc/hostname, corresponding to the external interface.
No, it does not. The nodename is not the hostname.

For drbdmanage to work, the name of each registered node must be the
node name of that node, and the IP address must be an address that
enables reaching the other registered nodes (e.g., all nodes must be on
the same network/subnetwork or routed appropriately).
The hostnames are irrelevant too.

In other words, the name matters, the IP address does not, as long as
the hosts can use it to communicate. You cannot just use some other
name, you can however use different IP addresses.

Which IP address to use can be specified when initializing the
drbdmanage cluster and when adding nodes
(drbdmanage init <ip-address>, drbdmanage add-node <nodename> <ip-address>)

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+