[DRBD-user] Host with multiple ip addresses

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Tue Apr 4 13:42:12 CEST 2017

Il 04/04/2017 13:08, Frank Rust ha scritto:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am wondering if it would be possible to create a drbdmanage cluster where the hostname don’t match the ip address of the network interface to use.
>
> In detail:
> I have a three node configuration with the ip visible to the outside:
> node1 IP: 192.168.1.1  hostname fs1
> node2 IP: 192.168.1.2  hostname fs2
> node3 IP: 192.168.1.3  hostname fs3
>
> Each of the nodes has a second network adapter which shall be used for the storage distribution (and is not visible to the outside).
>   node1 10.10.10.1
>   node2 10.10.10.2
>   node3 10.10.10.3
>
> if I do
>   drbdmanage init 10.10.10.1
>   drbdmanage add-node fs2 10.10.10.2
>   drbdmanage add-node fs3 10.10.10.3
>
> It will not work because the IP-address of "fs1" is 192.168.1.1 and not 10.10.10.1 and so on.
> I hope it’s possible to understand my description...
>
> I can not change the hostnames according to the storage network because it would break other services for the outside.
>
> So my question: how would I configure it to get the second network adapter used.

My cluster is very similar to your; here my /etc/hosts, actualized with
your IPs (and hostname, replace "yourdomain.com" with your own); maybe
pvelocalhost is redundant in your case:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.1 fs1.yourdomain.com fs1 pvelocalhost
10.10.10.1 fs1.yourdomain.com  fs1
192.168.1.2 fs2.yourdomain.com fs2
10.10.10.2 fs2.yourdomain.con fs2
192.168.1.3 fs3.yourdomain.com fs3
10.10.10.3 fs3.yourdomain.com fs3

I have initialized DRBD9 without problems ...

rob