[DRBD-user] Host with multiple ip addresses

Frank Rust f.rust at tu-braunschweig.de
Tue Apr 4 13:08:34 CEST 2017

Hi folks,

I am wondering if it would be possible to create a drbdmanage cluster where the hostname don’t match the ip address of the network interface to use.

In detail:
I have a three node configuration with the ip visible to the outside:
node1 IP: 192.168.1.1  hostname fs1
node2 IP: 192.168.1.2  hostname fs2
node3 IP: 192.168.1.3  hostname fs3

Each of the nodes has a second network adapter which shall be used for the storage distribution (and is not visible to the outside).
  node1 10.10.10.1
  node2 10.10.10.2
  node3 10.10.10.3

if I do
  drbdmanage init 10.10.10.1
  drbdmanage add-node fs2 10.10.10.2
  drbdmanage add-node fs3 10.10.10.3

It will not work because the IP-address of "fs1" is 192.168.1.1 and not 10.10.10.1 and so on.
I hope it’s possible to understand my description...

I can not change the hostnames according to the storage network because it would break other services for the outside.

So my question: how would I configure it to get the second network adapter used.

Thanks in advance,
Frank