[DRBD-user] Use different volumegroups for control volume and storage possible?

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Oct 31 10:32:17 CET 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 07:19:43PM +0200, Toni Bolduan wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Is it possible to use different volume groups for the drbdcontrol volume
> and the real volumes I want to use?
>
> I wanna try to  do the following:
> * 2disks - RAID1 with the drbdpool volume group for the drbd control volume
> * 10 disks - in other RAID with a volumegroup for my drbd volumes i want to
> replicate
>
> Is this possible or must all belong to the drbdpool volume group?

That should be possible. This is a storage plugin setting that can be
set per node.

drbdmanage edit-config --node $nodename

This then opens a vim (or $EDITOR), where you can set these values. For
LVM, you have to uncomment the next lines.

# [Plugin:Lvm]
# volume-group = drbdpool # or the value of drbdctrl-vg if it is set and
# volume-group is unset

drbdctrl-vg is also a config-value where .drbdctrl is placed. Do
yourself a favor and keep that one as "drbdpool", otherwise you would
have to set that one in /etc/drbdmanaged.cfg, because drbdmanage is not
able to read the cluster database before it even knowns where to look
for it. Chicken/egg...

Regards, rck