[DRBD-user] installation question about install drbd9.0.5-1

ligong_qiu at sina.com ligong_qiu at sina.com
Thu Nov 24 09:40:53 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm new guy to drbd, now I'm trying to test it as a two storage nodes HA solution. As distribution release from CentOS is still drbd8.x, I download 9.0.5-1 and install from source. As I did not find a doc to manual install from drbd9 source file, so I just install drbd-9.0.5-1 as following steps:
- unzip the source .gz file and go to the directory
- make
- make install
- modprobe drbd
The drbd-utils-8.9.9 has a configure file in directory,
- unzip the source .gz file and go to the directory
- ./configure
- make & make install

After that, the drbd can function normally, but something are not same as documentation.
- the drbd.conf file is not in /etc, but in /usr/local/etc
- there is NO /etc/init.d/drbd file

My question is, Is my installation steps correct? I did not find kmod-drbd source files, is this a must needed?

Thanks!
Richard

ligong_qiu at sina.com