[DRBD-user] Fwd: Re: BAD! .... messages

Christoph Lechleitner christoph.lechleitner at iteg.at
Tue Nov 22 10:21:38 CET 2016

Am 2016-11-22 um 09:51 schrieb Jan Bakuwel:
> Apologies ... list wasn't CC-ed ...
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> FYI Your packages install without issue on a fresh stock Debian Jessie
> (3.16), see below.

Did it build the module, too?

Our postinst script only builds the module for matching pairs of
installed kernel and header packages.
I prefer this approach because I hate problems during postinst phase,
which might occure when trying to build for all installed kernels if not
all matching header packages are installed.

I always do
   modinfo drbd
and (after drbd restart)
   head -1 /proc/drbd
to make sure I'm using the module version I want to use.

> I'll see if I can rig up a test lab with a couple of old servers and put
> this under a bit of load.
> That will take me a bit of time though, will keep you posted.

Thx, but please only invest that kind of time if it helps with your DRBD
problem.

> Will also follow up with the Linbit guys as I'm curious how these kind
> of what appears to be critical updates preventing real BAD! things from
> happening are being dealt with by Linbit and the Debian kernel
> maintainers...

++

Regards, Christoph