[DRBD-user] DRBD9 daemon not started at startup

Jasmin J. jasmin at anw.at
Sat Nov 19 23:10:54 CET 2016

Hi!

I am playing with Proxmox 4.3 and DRDB9.
I followed this guide (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD#Disk_for_DRBD),
because it explains how to setup DRDB (8.x) on top of a physical disk (I don't
want to use it on top of LVM). This guide is no longer 100% correct, but it was
good enough to configure a working DRBD9 shared storage for Proxmox.

I was able to configure DRBD9 correctly and it is running and synchronized.
But after rebooting the server, the daemon wasn't started automatically.
I did it with "/etc/init.d/drbd start" ("drbdadm up <resource>|all" does it
start also).

In /etc/init.d/drbd there is no runlevel defined in "Default-Start:", so it is
never started by the init process and even "update-rc.d drbd defaults" didn't
change something.

What is the intended procedure to start this service?

BR,
    Jasmin