[DRBD-user] BAD! .... messages

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at omiha.com
Sat Nov 19 04:52:14 CET 2016

Hi Lars,

On 19/11/16 03:05, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 10:53:43PM +1300, Jan Bakuwel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found the following in the archives
>> (http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2012-July/018751.html):
>>
>> QUOTE
>>
>>> /Now I wonder: What does drbd0 want to tell me with those "BAD! ..."
>> messages? /
>> It's just some reference counter that should not have gone negative,
>> but did, because we forgot to update/reinitialize it at some stage.
>>
>> Depending on your exact DRBD version, I could tell you various things
>> about this.  But if you run 8.3 git it is supposed to be fixed, finally...
>>
>>> /It seems to have completed the synchronization successfully. Also, no
>> "read errors" where />/reported in on either host. />//>/Should I be concerned about the data integrity, now? /
>> Nope. All good.
>>
>> UNQUOTE
>>
>> root at ns8p2:~# dpkg --list | grep drbd
>>
>> ii  drbd-utils                     8.9.2~rc1-2+deb8u1           amd64        RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux (user utilities)
>>
>> root at ns8p2:~#
>>

>> I'm running 8.9 ... is this still something I can safely ignore (and not fixed)?
> No, you are NOT running drbd 8.9.  That's the version of the userland tools.
>
> You want to check (and upgrade) your kernel module.
> Check: modinfo drbd; head /proc/drbd

Ok. I'm running kernel module 8.4.3 with 8.9 userland tools:

root at ns8p2:~# modinfo drbd
filename:
/lib/modules/3.16.0-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/block/drbd/drbd.ko
alias:          block-major-147-*
license:        GPL
version:        8.4.3

... is this still something I can safely ignore (and not fixed)?

regards,
Jan