[DRBD-user] DRBD9 sync speed

Tue Nov 15 23:32:59 CET 2016

On 16/11/16 00:46, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:03:46AM +0000, Enrica Ruedin wrote:
>> I tried "drbdmanage peer-device-options --common --c-max-rate ..." as Matt descriped on 06/22/16.
>>
>> The Problem is that this function only accept numbers within a range of 250 to 4194304 bytes/second!
> Uhm, no.
> That is *k*Bytes.
> And no, you won't get 720 Gigabyte/s through a 10 GigaBit/s link.
>
>> I have 10GBit connection, so I need c-max-rate of about 700Mbyte. I can't set this with drbdmanage. Drbdmanage doesn't accept 720M also.
>> How can I set the correct values with drbdmanage?
Just confirming, so maximum configured sync speed is approx 42Gbps, no
problem until this:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192929-255tbps-worlds-fastest-network-could-carry-all-the-internet-traffic-single-fiber

Of course, resync speed is also limited by the speed of the backend
disks....  so still probably some time before it is the limiting factor :)

Regards,
Adam
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au