[DRBD-user] DRBD9 Update not cleaning up depreciate commands

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Nov 8 14:26:11 CET 2016

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 04:24:27PM -0500, Jason wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Today I update the latest builds via apt-get.  Everything was working
> fine before it.  I am now on:
>
> ii  drbd-dkms                          9.0.5-1ppa1~xenial1
> all          RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux module source
> ii  drbd-utils                         8.9.9-1ppa1~xenial1
> amd64        RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux (user utilities)
> ii  drbdmanage                         0.97.3-1
> amd64        Distributed configuration management for DRBD

Strange combination...

> I am seeing two new errors due to the update.
>
> Error1:
> One I had unplug-watermark set in my disk-options.  It now seems that
> command is not reconized. I can manually remove it and it work until
> reboot and drbd9 puts it back.  I tried to run:
>
> drbdmanage disk-options --unset-unplug-watermark --comon
>
> but that is not listed in the man for the document any longer.

Thanks for reporting. That's a bug. DRBD Manage has to drop options that
are no longer available. I'm working on it, should be out there later
today.

> How can I remove that option from DRBD9 now that that command is not
> available?  Is there a database file that keeps track of commands issues
> via drbdmanage?

There is some kind of "DB", the control volume, but it is only
accessible via DRBD Manage itself. DRBD Manage parses drbdsetup options
at runtime, therefore DRBD Manage exactly shows these options your
drbdsetup knows about. So in your case it does not show the option for
unplug-watermark and it does not show the corresponding "--unset-"
option.

> Error 2:
> This is the other error I am now seeing after upgrade.  the
> /etc/drbdmanaged.cfg has not existed before this.  How is it created?

There is one in the package. Basically since it got introduced many
months ago.

Regards, rck