[DRBD-user] LVM thin volume is full on secondary node

akan tortz manas.marat at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:59:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm using LVM thin as a back-end for DRBD. When initial sync was done the
thin logical volume on secondary node shows 100% of data. Is this normal
behavior?

Here is the output of lvs -a on primary node:

LV                          VG        Attr       LSize   Pool    Origin
Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
lv_data01                   vg_fsdata Vwi-aotz--  16.00t tp_data
45.99
[lvol0_pmspare]             vg_fsdata ewi-------
2.50g
tp_data                     vg_fsdata twi-aotz--  20.00t
36.81  4.76
[tp_data_tdata]             vg_fsdata Twi-ao----
20.00t
[tp_data_tmeta]             vg_fsdata ewi-ao----
10.00g

Here is the output of lvs -a on secondary node:

LV              VG        Attr       LSize   Pool    Origin Data%  Meta%
Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
lv_data01       vg_fsdata Vwi-aotz--  16.00t tp_data
100.00
[lvol0_pmspare] vg_fsdata ewi-------
2.50g
tp_data         vg_fsdata twi-aotz--  20.00t                80.00
10.31