[DRBD-user] Cannot connect to the drbdmanaged process using DBus

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Sat May 21 13:40:01 CEST 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 03:52:26AM -0500, Jason Romo wrote:
> Ok new issue.  I updated to latest update out the past few days.  I then deleted node and added again.  it seems I can’t add the node.  I am getting this error:
>
> Error: Cannot connect to the drbdmanaged process using DBus
> The DBus subsystem returned the following error description:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Hi,

as the error msg implies, this usually happens when the server could not
be dbus activated. And this is usually the case when binaries/scripts
are not at the place they are expected. The main reason is a manual
"make install/python setup.py install" where things are installed to
/usr/local/. If you are in the situation that you have a
/usr/local/bin/dbus-drbdmange-service, symlink it to /usr/bin.

That is all /dev/crystalball tells me, because every interesting
information is missing. From which version to which version did you
update? The packed version we provide? Did you build proper packages on
your own? What distribution? From git? ...

While debugging this, make also sure that you set the option in
/etc/drbdmanaged.cfg that the node starts as control node.

Regards, rck