[DRBD-user] Cannot connect to the drbdmanaged process using DBus

Jason Romo jason at securityarsenal.com
Sat May 21 10:52:26 CEST 2016

Ok new issue.  I updated to latest update out the past few days.  I then deleted node and added again.  it seems I can’t add the node.  I am getting this error:

Error: Cannot connect to the drbdmanaged process using DBus
The DBus subsystem returned the following error description:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

it is not network, time, expired, or firewall.  I can SSH between boxes as expected.  have dual 10Gbe between the boxes bonded.  How can I track this down.  I don’t see anything in ptree that stands out.  No errors in syslog or dmesg.

Any ideas?  I have seen this once before I can’t remember how I got around it. Google doesn’t yield any results not for DRBD.

This is on the secondary node.  I don’t any resources on the node.

Jason