[DRBD-user] Problems upgrading drbdmanage

Mon May 2 13:57:04 CEST 2016

On 29/04/2016 23:37, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 09:36:12PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:

>>> Is this a satellite node or a control node?
>> Control node.
> Then you don't need socket activation at all. systemd disable/stop it.
Can you confirm which part/command I should be running?
Here is another machine (in the same "farm"):
root at san3:/usr/src/drbd9# systemctl |grep -i drbd
sys-devices-virtual-block-drbd0.device loaded active plugged
/sys/devices/virtual/block/drbd0
sys-devices-virtual-block-drbd1.device loaded active plugged
/sys/devices/virtual/block/drbd1
● drbd.service loaded failed failed    LSB: Control drbd resources.
drbdmanaged.socket loaded active listening DRBDManage Service

This machine is still running python-drbdmanage 0.94-1 (ie, I haven't
tried to upgrade it yet).
It seems to suggest the socket (that you say is not needed on a control
node, I'm guessing it is needed on a satellite node) is working
normally. However, the service is not working.

Right now:
root at san3:/usr/src/drbd9# drbdmanage list-nodes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name                        | Pool Size | Pool Free
|                         |                      State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| castle                      |   5403308 |   4017368
|                         |                         ok |
| san2.websitemanagers.com.au |   3777040 |   2432060
|                         |                         ok |
| san3                        |   1830932 |   1830924
|                         |                         ok |
| san5                        |   2764172 |   2745084
|                         |                         ok |
| xen6                        |         0 |         0
|                         | satellite node, no storage |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

So, it seems to be working, but there are definitely some problems going
on which I'll detail in my next post (since I think they are unrelated).

>> I repeated the same upgrade on a second control node, with identical
>> results.
>>> How was that enabled at all in the first place? By you or was it picked
>>> up "magically" by systemd?
>>>

>> I didn't do anything more than install the python-drbdmanage package, so
>> either the package did something to make it work, or else systemd
>> "magically" picked it up.
> Hm, should not happen, but I will check that in a clean environment.
> Just to be sure about the test case:
> - installed 0.94
> - played around with it
> - upgraded to 0.95
> - *never ever* touched any sytemd foo manually
>
> correct?

Yes, I don't really know anything about systemd, except it is default on
newer debian, and adds yet another thing I will need to learn about,
instead of the older and simpler scripts + symlinks....

So, I've definitely not manually enabled or otherwise touched the
systemd configs.

Regards,
Adam