[DRBD-user] DRBD configuration with HA NFS

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Mar 22 07:07:28 CET 2016

On 16/03/16 02:56 AM, Vijay Somkuwar wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> To installed SAP in HA environment, I need to create DRBD with HA NFS
> mode. I had follow guide from Suse but unable to mount this volume on
> both node.

Link the tutorial please.

What do you mean, exactly, by "unable to mount this volume on both
node."? If you're trying to mount the FS you're exporting over NFS, then
you probably shouldn't do that.

Active/Passive HA means that it runs on one node, normally, and starts
on the second node automatically if the old host node fails (after being
fenced).

To mount the same data on both nodes, you need a cluster-aware file
system like gfs2, but that introduces a lot of complexity and a
performance hit from the overhead of coordinated (clustered) locking.
Even if you accept that, how would you manage which node clients connect to?

--
Digimer
access to education?