[DRBD-user] Problems getting Satellite node working (debian testing)

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jun 8 14:32:31 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 10:12:06PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:

> On 8/06/2016 18:01, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 01:14:07PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> >> From my previous thread which started talking about problems compiling the
> >>kernel module, now talking about problems with a satellite node.

> >>Did that and got this:
> >>root at xen6:/etc# drbdmanage restart -q
> >>ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.5:/interface:
> >>dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message
> >>recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
> >>Attempting to startup the server through D-Bus activation...
> >>ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.6:/interface:
> >>dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message
> >>recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
> >>
> >>D-Bus connection FAILED -- the D-Bus server may have been unable to activate
> >>the drbdmanage service.
> >>Review the syslog for error messages logged by the D-Bus server
> >>or the drbdmanage server.
> >Hi,
> >
> >please make sure that there is no leftover drbdmanaged process running.
> >- drbdmanage shutdown -q
> >- ps aux | drbdmange # and kill if necessary.
> >-drbdmanage uninit -q # get rid of the control volume if for whatever
> >reason it was created
> >- drbdmanage startup
> >
> root at xen6:~# drbdmanage shutdown -q
> ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.9:/interface:
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message
> recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
> root at xen6:~# ps axu | grep drbdmanage
> root      1309  0.0  0.0  12744  2200 pts/1    S+   22:02   0:00 grep
> drbdmanage
> root at xen6:~# drbdmanage uninit -q
>   Failed to find logical volume "drbdpool/.drbdctrl_0"
>   Failed to find logical volume "drbdpool/.drbdctrl_1"
> root at xen6:~# drbdmanage startup
> Jun  8 22:02:58 xen6 org.drbd.drbdmanaged[478]: socket.error: [Errno 98]
> Address already in use
>
> root at xen6:/var/log# netstat -anp
> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
> PID/Program name
> tcp6       0      0 :::6996 :::*                    LISTEN      1/init

The one on port 6996 is used for satellite communication. 1/init?
interesting. hm, make sure that drbdmanage.service and drbdmanage.socket
are disabled and stopped (systemctl). At some point there was a bug that
the service/socket units got enabled, but that was fixed. So do that
manually.

Which version of drbdmanage does proxmox ship?