[DRBD-user] 3 node setup problem

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Wed Jun 8 11:42:34 CEST 2016

Il 08/06/2016 10:36, Roland Kammerer ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:09:51PM +0200, Michele Rossetti wrote:
>> > Thanks, Roland,
>> >
>> > but it seems impossible to configure with drbdmanage a complete mesh
>> > configuration with 2 interfaces (cross patch) for each node.
>> > Here below the mails with Petra Trunner that confirmed me the manual config
>> > is right. Must I connect the 3 nodes with only 1 interfaces and the use of
>> > switches?
> Using a switch is definitely the better idea. If possible, do it like
> that.

Hello,

I tried to setup a three node DRBD9 cluster with an hardware
configuration similar to Michele's one (full-mesh with two interfaces
per node, no switches):

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/drbd9-drbdmanage-and-full-mesh-storage-network.26669/

It seemed possible to do that without manual hacking, setting same ip on
both interfaces in the same node and directing connections using ad-hoc
routing. But after a while I gave up.

I'm still curious to know if my configuration would have some chance to
work.

Bye,
rob