[DRBD-user] Heartbeat sometimes stuck in transition phase

Roy Kleefman roy.kleefman at rohill.nl
Wed Jul 20 15:24:53 CEST 2016

All,

We are using DRBD with Heartbeat in one of our products to allow for a redundant configuration.
DRBD is used to replicate a small SQLite database while heartbeat is responsible for starting/stopping the service that uses the database.
However, we've seldomly seen the following scenario in a redundant setup with 2 nodes:

-          Node1 is Primary

-          Node1 is abruptly disconnected from power (i.e. by disconnecting the power line)

-          Node2 is supposed to take over as Primary

-          DRBD status shows everything is fine

-          Heartbeat stays stuck in transition as indicated by executing "cl_status rscstatus"
Note that this does not happen all that often, but when it happens it does interfere with the system, as no node is now active in the system.

Is this something anybody has seen before? I was unable to find any relevant information on this particular problem.
We are using heartbeat version 3.0.5-3.2 & DRBD version 8.4.4 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Kind regards,

Roy Kleefman

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1E29A.BF0CE7B0]
Rohill * Edisonstraat 12 * 7903 AN Hoogeveen * The Netherlands
Phone: +31-528-263355 * Fax: +31-528-271844 * www.rohill.com<http://www.rohill.com/>
Chamber of Commerce Meppel registration no. 09084362

This email, including any attached files, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is solely for the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this email in error, please destroy it and notify Rohill immediately. Any unauthorised use, dissemination,
disclosure, copying or printing is strictly prohibited. Thank you.