[DRBD-user] Drbd9 errors and warning mismatches

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Jul 21 09:56:39 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:10:58AM +0200, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

> First when creating a new ressource and using this ressource I always
> get the message on the system console about a failed state change.
>
> My ressources are properly synced on each node, but the warning is a bit
> scary. Should I simply ignore it ?
>
>     [  196.730357] drbd .drbdctrl: State change failed: Peer may not
> become primary while device is opened read-only

Maybe looks scary, but you can ignore that. A second node tried to open
the control volume while it was in use, that's it.

> On a different system,
> I noticed as well some status mismatch between the ouput produced by
> drbdmanage and drbdadm.

drbdadm is the one to trust. A general example: Drbdmanage successfully
deployed the resource, then something happens like a flickering network
or whatever. Then the states between "drbdmanage" and "real world"
diverge. Some kind of monitoring/reevaluation/live status is on the TODO
list but has not landed yet.

Regards, rck