[DRBD-user] drbd lost lvm configuration

EDV at bauerfunken.de EDV at bauerfunken.de
Tue Jan 19 12:02:35 CET 2016

>On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 07:54:51AM +0000, EDV at bauerfunken.de wrote:
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Januar 2016 03:08
>> An: EDV at bauerfunken.de; drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
>> Betreff: Re: [DRBD-user] drbd lost lvm configuration

>> >You need to 'drbdadm primary res' before anything can read the
>> >/dev/drbdX device.
>>
>> Sorry,  but I did it before changing the state of this volumegroup.
>>
>> So I did:
>>
>> drbdadm primary <drbd>
>> vgchange -a y <vg>
>>
>> When I do a pvscan after changing the primary node, no pv's were found
>> and the same, by changing the primary again.
>
>stale lvm meta data cache (daemon)?
>try a pvscan --cache,
>see the man page for details.

Thanks for your response.

When I create a new pv and test it with

pvscan --cache

the response on the primary node is:

  Found duplicate PV Trs11CMat90PaBJ2lm4YpzEKVXnDtx0P: using /dev/drbd0 not /dev/cciss/c0d0p4
  Using duplicate PV /dev/drbd0 from subsystem DRBD, ignoring /dev/cciss/c0d0p4

Erasing this new pv returns nothing on the same node.

In lvm.conf I've set

write_cache_state = 0

so I'm wondering why lvm use a cache.

This configuration is used in a openSuSE 42.1 on both nodes.