[DRBD-user] Having Trouble with LVM on DRBD

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Fri Feb 26 00:37:54 CET 2016

> Those are not the backing devices. Backing devices are the ones named
> on the "disk " lines in your DRBD resource files - for example "disk /dev/vg/lv1".

Sorry, for a second I was thinking of the drbd disks as backing devices for the LVM volumes that were created on them, but you're absolutely right.

> So you need to exclude /dev/vg/lv1 (in that example) from being looked
> at by LVM by filtering it out.

On my servers, I have /dev/vg00/lv01 and /dev/vg00/lv02, which are the backing devices for /dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1 respectively. Then I made drbd0 and drbd1 into PVs, and created logical volume /dev/vg_drbd0/lv_drbd0 on drbd0, and /dev/vg_drbd1/lv_drbd1 on drbd1.

You're saying that I should filter /dev/vg00/lv01 and /dev/vg00/lv02 in lvm.conf? That won't have any undesirable side effects?

--Eric