[DRBD-user] Having Trouble with LVM on DRBD

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:14:27 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com>
wrote:

> > The usual problem with LVM on top of DRBD is that the
>
> > backing device gets seen as an LVM PV and is grabbed by
>
> > LVM before DRBD starts up. That means DRBD cannot access
>
> > it since it's already in use. Solution: adjust the filter
>
> > lines in lvm.conf to exclude the backing devices from
>
> > LVM consideration.
>
> You mean /dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1?
>

> --Eric

The instructions are here:
https://drbd.linbit.com/users-guide/s-lvm-drbd-as-pv.html

Then in pacemaker, example from one of my clusters:

primitive p_lvm_vg1 LVM \
    params volgrpname=vg1 \
    op monitor interval=60 timeout=30 \
    op start timeout=30 interval=0 \
    op stop timeout=30 interval=0 \
    meta target-role=Started
colocation c_vg1_on_drbd +inf: g_vg1 ms_drbd_vg1:Master
order o_drbd_before_vg1 +inf: ms_drbd_vg1:promote g_vg1:start

to tide them up and start the volume on the drbd master.

Hope this helps.

Igor