[DRBD-user] DRBD9 drbdadm complains about fencing being in wrong section

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:20:12 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm testing 9.0.1.1 installed from git and have a resource with fencing in
the disk section:

    disk {
        on-io-error detach;
        fencing resource-and-stonith;
    }

but when running:

# drbdadm create-md vg1
drbd.d/vg1.res:10: Parse error: 'resync-rate | c-plan-ahead |
c-delay-target | c-fill-target | c-max-rate | c-min-rate' expected,
    but got 'fencing'

As far as I can see this is still valid options in the DRBD9 guide. The
utils are latest 8.9.6 also installed from git.

# dpkg -l | grep drbd
ii  drbd-dkms                           9.0.1-1
all          RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux module source
ii  drbd-utils                          8.9.6-1
amd64        RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux (user utilities)

# drbdadm --version
DRBDADM_BUILDTAG=GIT-hash:\ c6e62702d5e4fb2cf6b3fa27e67cb0d4b399a30b\
build\ by\ @drbd02\,\ 2016-02-17\ 11:58:21
DRBDADM_API_VERSION=2
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION_CODE=0x090001
DRBDADM_VERSION_CODE=0x080906
DRBDADM_VERSION=8.9.6

If this is correct, where does the fencing do then?

Thanks,
Igor