[DRBD-user] Help: Replace Failed disk

AALISHE aalishe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:10:34 CET 2016

Thanks Roland for tacking the time to answer

I know that page, but I am afraid to proceed ... can you please bare with
me and help determine the right course of action.

Please take a look at the steps I thought of :

r0 - is the only resource according to the config  ... so

(On the node with bad disk)

1- Replace bad disk and format as ext4
2- IF the drive letter changes after the swapping with new disk (i.e
 /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sdc) ... reflect that in the config file
 (etc/drbd.d/r0.res)
3- Start drbd  services on the bad node (I manually stopped it)
4- Run the following commands:
bad-disk-node# drbdadm secondary all
bad-disk-node# drbdadm detach r0
bad-disk-node# drbdadm dstate r0
bad-disk-node# drbdadm create-md r0
bad-disk-node# drbdadm attach r0
bad-disk-node# drbdadm connect --discard-my-data all
watch cat /proc/drbd
4- When all is UpToDate

(On the Good Node only ru)

Good-node#drbdadm connect all

do the above steps looks good to you/others?    should I proceed or am I
missing/about to do something wrong?

cheers!