[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Dec 27 12:08:51 CET 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 11:26:45AM +0100, Jean-Daniel Tissot wrote:
>   <head>
>       http-equiv="Content-Type">
>   </head>
>       wrote :<br>

Please stop sending html-only mail.

>     I used DRBD 9 knowing it is not recommended for production.<br>

Hm, there might be some over interpretation, right? IMO all that was
said is that if you don't need the additional features of DRBD9 (more
nodes, auto-promote, RDMA, resource management with drbdmanage), then
stay with drbd 8.4. IMO drbd9 improved a lot since .0, its simply your
decision.

>     Since we are on a production cluster, is it dangerous to switch to
>     Linbit repository ?<br>

Switching the repo isn't. Proxmox drbdmange had very minimal
modifications, basically using a different storage plugin as default. We
even ship that modification in our repo. The real thing is that the
drbdmanage *versions* shipped are very different. Get familiar with the
new one, especially the changed startup, try it in some VMs. Know what
the implications are if nodes are mission and you try to start the
cluster. There are many posts about that already, I don't repeat it here
again.

>     When DRBD 9 will be stable and really usable in production?<br>

That's not a serious question, right? When will Linux be stable?

Regards, rck