[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Tue Dec 27 12:05:39 CET 2016

Il 27/12/2016 11:26, Jean-Daniel Tissot ha scritto:
> On 27/12/2016  10:19, Roberto Resoli wrote :
>> I have successfully done the transition to linbit repo drbdmanage.
> Hi,
> Well, I have done a three nodes PVE cluster. I can't use CEPH or others
> storage technologies.
> I used DRBD 9 knowing it is not recommended for production.
> I had some problems at the beginning, but now it's works well.
> HA is working. Live migration is working well.
> DRBD sync take quite a long time sometimes but if it's take too long,
> rebooting the node correct this problem.
> For now, I use Proxmox repository and I don't see DRBD Manage is no more
> present on it.

It will:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/drbdmanage-license-change.30404/

On the same forum, Philipp Reisner clarifies:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/drbdmanage-license-change.30404/#post-152680

> Since we are on a production cluster, is it dangerous to switch to
> Linbit repository ?

I don't think so, but it is a major switch, so do that with careful
planning and make sure to have a backup of every vm before starting.

bye,
rob