[DRBD-user] DRBD8, dedicated repository for PVE 4

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Fri Dec 23 15:03:05 CET 2016

Hi Jasmin J.

First of all Jasmin J., many thanks for all info provided, really is very
util !!!
Second, please see my notes and questions below

> Additionally I wrote a Proxmox Storage Plugin for DRBD8. I wanted to get
> rid
> of the LVM / DRBD8 / LVM approach.
I am using only LVM on top of DRBD because i think this:
1- Using "LVM / DRBD8 / Raw VM disk",  i have less layers in the middle,
then, the I/O will be faster.
Is it correct?, or will be minimal the difference of performance?
2- As i use the DRBD verify online once a week,  and i want that this
process not take long, then, my LVM partitions on top of DRBD only has the
minimal size necessary for the disks of VMs, instead of use the complete
disk of the server.
The disadvantage of this strategy is that when i need resize the disk of the
VM, i must do it in offline mode, but with a few steps. I can live well with
this method.

> BR,
>    Jasmin

BR,