[DRBD-user] Testing new pve dedicated repo for PVE

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Thu Dec 22 22:43:16 CET 2016

Hello,

I start a new thread, as suggested in [1];

I would like to test the new linbit repositorry for Proxmox Virtual
Environment [2], and I need some preliminary information before starting.

I refer to these statments from [1]:

> For the second thing: There I would need more information. The version
> we ship and the one from proxmox are very different. In between these
> versions the architecture of DM was changed. Just as an example: If you
> have two nodes in your cluster and you started DM only on one node, it
> will never start up successfully. Or if only a minority of your overall
> nodes is operational, drbdmanage will refuse to start, as it waits for a
> majority.

For the cluster I will do the test: it is a three node PVE cluster, vm
resides on two main nodes, while the third is dedicated to provide
quorum and DRBD9 replication. I will start the test on this node.

First question. Is it possible to mix and match versions of drbdmanage?
I really would like to update the third node only at first, but now I
don't think it is possible, given the differences between proxmox
provided drbdmanage and linbit's one.

Ho can i proceed without impacting too much the two nodes with vm on them?

Thanks,
rob

[1] http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2016-December/023434.html
[2] http://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/